Last Updated: 05/2018
Electronic Medical Certification, or eMedCert, is dedicated to providing all medical professionals, or any other interested parties, with the highest quality online certification experience available. For further information about eMedCert, please see the “About Us” page on our site at https://emedcert.com/about.
We collect information about visitors to our Sites. The type of information we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Service. Such information, including personal information, is collected directly from you:
- We collect information directly from you when you register an account with us, liaise with us on a customer service issue, and/or complete other forms on the Site.
- The following information is collected when an account is registered with us and in order to receive full Service from our Site: full name, email address, mailing address
- We also collect information you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to your full name, alternative email addresses not used when registering an account, telephone number, employer information, professional designation, medical board licenses, as well as social media interactions like your social media handle, username, profile, and messages with our team.
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Site and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked, or Service, including content accessed.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology” below.
eMedCert processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Site and Service;
- To provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- To facilitate product purchase processing and registration, reviews and analysis;
- To evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- To valuate the types of offers, products or services we make available to users or customers and potential users or customers;
- To monitor use of the Service;
- To provide customer support;
- To communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- To Conduct online research surveys regarding the Site and/or Service; Combine datasets to create aggregated data for internal evaluation and analysis;
- To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- To provide advertisements to you through email messages; and
We may disclose your information, including personal information, to the following categories of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or court order or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
If you are a visitor or user from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Cookies allow us to recognize you as a user when you return to the eMedCert website using the same computer and web browser. Cookies can also provide information that includes, but is not limited to, the location from which you access our Site, the length of time you are connected to and browsing our Site, the type of device from which you are accessing our Site, the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks made, and data regarding your behavior on the Internet.
Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. To disable and reject certain Cookies, follow the instructions associated with your Internet browser. Even in the case where a user rejects a Cookie, he/she may still use the Site, provided that your ability to utilize certain features of the eMedCert offerings may be impaired.
To find out more about Cookies, please visit www.cookiecentral.com.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit a request to delete your personal information, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- Additionally, if you are a resident of the European Union (EU), you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit such a request, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where we process your personal information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and social media business partners for their review / handling.
Our Site and/or Service utilizes various appropriate technical and organizational security measures, which include, but are not limited to, network and host security controls (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.), data encryption (both at rest and during transmission), and operating procedures that are designed to protect your personal information.
You should protect your account email address and password and NOT share it with anyone. If you believe your account email address and password have been compromised or you have trouble changing your account email address /password on the Site or Service, please contact our Support Team ( email@example.com).
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a Service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests.
If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
If you are a resident of the State of California and would like to learn how your Personally Identifiable Information (as defined in the Shine the Light Law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) is shared with third parties, what categories of personal information we have shared with third parties in the preceding year, as well as the names and addresses of those third parties, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
EU and Swiss individuals who have questions or complaints about how we process their personal information may contact us at email@example.com. We will work to resolve your issue and will respond within 45 days of receipt.
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect information from individuals under thirteen (13) years of age without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to us through our Site represents that they are older than 12 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.